For a relationship to remain healthy, it must already BE healthy. Right? Once something is the way you want it to be, it’s easier to maintain it from there. You want to discontinue what is not working, and continue doing what is working for you; and pay attention to how you’re evolving so that you don’t let the relationship grow stale or become stagnant in the process.
The moment you decide to take your eyes off what’s important to you, your focus and attention goes elsewhere. As you begin to place your focus there, know that something else will either starve or suffer; including your relationship.
To make sure this doesn’t happen, here are ten sure fire proof ways to keep the flame alive, and going in the direction you want:
1. Be clear on where you want your relationship to go.
2. Give attention to what you want to continue in your relationship.
3. Plan to do the things you enjoy doing together on a regular basis.
4. Keep one another posted on what’s going on, or changing in your life.
5. Make self-care a priority, to extend care for your relationship.
6. Never neglect each other.
7. Make the time to connect and communicate; especially listening.
8. Have great sex (whatever that is for you).
9. Inform one another on things that affect you, which will ultimately affect the other.
10. Have fun along the way.
By no means is this list exhaustive, or put in any order; but for sure, if you continue to come back to these ten items, and act on them (key), you are sure to maintain a healthy relationship.
I would love to read your thoughts and comments about this post. Please feel free to leave them below. Reach out and get connected if you have any questions, or would like a “Complementary Relationship Clarity Session” at https://barbaraannwilliams.com/ninesecretsforadeeperrelationship