Have you ever been around someone, something, or a situation that drained your energy? I have, and it’s not a good feeling.
You can’t control others or even situations. But you can control how you respond to others when your energy is being drained by them. You certainly don’t just hang around until you don’t have any left.
To start with, you want to have good, happy, healthy, hopeful, positive energy yourself. Bring your own A-Game! That’s where you start. If your tank is full, you have the energy needed to sustain you; then you can guard your energy against anything or anyone who comes to drain it.
So, what does energy drainers look like? I’m glad you asked. It can look like:
- You’re feeling good and someone comes around with negative energy and puts a damper on your parade
- You’re happy and excited about whatever and something bad happens to make you feel not so good
- Someone tries to bully or control what you’re doing and the way you’re doing it, as if you don’t know what you’re doing
- You get bad news or something doesn’t go quite the way you wanted it to go
- Gossip or negative talk comes around and pulls from your reserve
You get the idea now, right? None of this makes you feel good, but if you guard your energy, you can use your reserve to help you to bounce back sooner than you would if you didn’t have it.
So, what can guarding and reserving your energy look like? It can look like:
- Understanding what drains you or what taking your energy away makes you feel like
- Being well rested
- Eating well
- Getting exercise that feels right for you
- Getting regular wellness check-ups
You get the point. This can get you well on your way to keeping yourself energized and guarded from the energy zappers.
If you need support in getting on the right track for keeping your energy up and guarded, or understanding what this can look like for you, reach out and connect. Leave a comment below and I’ll get right back with you.