When you stop and think about it, there are rules for pretty much everything in life. Now, whether you go by them or not, that’s a different story. Well, it’s no different for your relationship. If it’s going to be successful, there’s got to be rules in place to make sure it happens.
First, you must be clear on what those rules are, because they are different for each couple. They must be established together and agreed upon in order to be adhered to by each of you. These are agreements made by the couple. Feel free to negotiate a time to revisit and tweak as you grow and evolve as individuals and as a couple over time.
While there are sure to be more than five for any given couple, here are five to give you an idea of where and how to start.
- Take good care of yourself. If you don’t, you really can’t expect for your mate or anyone else to do so AND hold them to it.
- Because you take good care of yourself, this enables you to take care of each other for a super relationship. If you don’t, somebody else may very well be looking at that as an opportunity for them to do so.
- Be mindful and considerate of one another. Kindness and thoughtfulness can go a long way in a relationship. Because you care, there should never be any intentional harm, in any way, towards the other.
- Aim to be better and do better so you can have better. Don’t get stale and bored with each other. Keep fresh and newness as part of your forever growing relationship. And finally,
- Always try to find a way to make things right. In the life of your relationship, there are bound to be some trying times. Eventually you will weather the storm, if you don’t bail ship first. Hang in there. Work through it. When all else fails, revisit rule number one.